Journey to Emme

Adoption of our daughter Emme Xiang Evans from China (DOB 12/3/05). Michael, Bianca, and Amelia (DOB 2/8/03) Evans.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas 2007

Merry Christmas Everyone!
First, I wanted to apologize. I didn't get any Christmas cards out this year : ( Next year Michael promised to help and we'll get an early start! I was so bad this year that I let Michael and the kids do the tree by themselves. Normally (like with most things), I'm a control freak because I know exactly how the tree should look. ; )

As expected it was so much fun to see Amelia so excited about Christmas. Emme is still a bit to young to follow and I think everything was a bit overwhelming. It was also fun to dress the kids up in their Christmas clothes. The only bad news is I came down with a cold and luckily my mom and sister forced me to go to the walk-in clinic on Christmas eve. The both of them have been really sick so they didn't want me to wait until my cold became severe. Luckily I did, because I had strep throat for the first time in my life. Thank God I didn't infect anyone else. I was a bit worried.

Despite this we had Grandpa and Suzanne over on Christmas Eve and of course my sister Thalia and her boyfriend Todd so they could join us for dinner and the present exchange (Santa comes to our house on Christmas Eve).







Umi, Tante Thalia, and my handsome little boy.











The 'big' present Santa bought was the kitchen for Amelia and Emme to share. Neither of the girls were short on presents, and our home officially looks like the bargain basement of Toys'r'us.

Emme and Amelia love their little brother.



Emme grills us up some burgers.




2 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    You have such beautiful children!

    I love the family picture -- it's lovely.

    So glad to see things are going well for you. We missed you at the mini-reunion in Texas, but completely understand your absence. The good news is that we'll have another one -- and hopefully ALL 11 families will be able to be there.

    The little girls had so much fun being together and playing, and Grace & Danielle reigned supreme over all of them! We had such a great time.

    Happy New Year to the five Evans'!

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Belated Merry Christmas to your beautiful family!

    And yes we did miss your family at the reunion. Grace & Danielle missed having Mimi as their 3rd muskateer! The little ones were all so grown & precious--even THE fussy one....my "Juju".

    Okay, Truly blessed when is the next reunion? Summer? :) Yes, this is a challenge to you! I know you have to go to China first!!

    R & family in TX

     

Post a Comment

<< Home