Journey to Emme

Adoption of our daughter Emme Xiang Evans from China (DOB 12/3/05). Michael, Bianca, and Amelia (DOB 2/8/03) Evans.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

11/20 I'm going local!

Well today I woke up and spoke with Bianca who was just now getting home. What a long trip! I was really glad to hear from both Bianca and Amelia.

Today I walked around a little and did a little shopping at Peter's (Shop on the Stair and Crafts & Art Shop). I talked to him, his wife, and his sister. Very nice folks. I would recommend them to any family visiting Shamian Island. They invited me to join them for lunch, so what the heck...I have nothing better to do until 3pm (visit hours at the hospital). I asked for chicken and veggies and that's exactly what I got - chicken head and all. Well actually only half of the head. The other half must have gotten lost between the QingPing market and Shamian Island. Needless to say, the veggies and rice were very good. The meal cost only 5 Yuan ($0.70). We shared all the dishes (yikes), but it was nice to have lunch with them. Plus I learned more about his family, doing business in China, and how to say a few more things in Chinese. It turns out that he has one brother and two sisters (4 child policy?). He and his family came from Hubei 4 yrs ago. Very interesting family! Oh yeah I forgot to mention...they treated me to lunch! :-)

In an hour I head to the hospital to visit Emme. I'll post later tonight. We are having problems with Continental allowing portable oxygen on the plane for our return flight (although Northwest offers those services). I may need to switch airlines.

By the way there is a high speed train from Guangzhou to Hong Kong that takes 90 mins (which is good), but that probably won't work for me because both Continental and Northwest leave too early from Hong Kong. I will have to take China Southern Airline.

Talk with you later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home