11/19 Update (Bianca & Amelia head home)
Well this morning our guide, Kelly (who I have to say is one of the best people in the entire world), and I dropped off Bianca and Amelia for their trip back home. They should arrive back in Jax 6pm Sunday. I have to say it was pretty hard to see them go. Upon returning to the White Swan, it really hit me that I desperately missing them. The room is so quiet. I switched hotels to the New Victory Hotel (4-star hotel and $60/night cheaper). Well I have to say the White Swan is much better (I don't see anything new except for bath towels - wahoo). I put pictures of Amelia and Emme on the wall so they are constantly looking at me (warms my heart every time). I wish I had a picture of Bianca. So to fill up my time I went to the gym and ran for one hour (not much else to do until visiting Emme at the hospital). I don't think I've ever run that long before.
I went to the hospital around 3pm and visited for about an hour. Emme is doing a little better. She seemed less pale than the day before. She's still raspy and seems a bit weak (although she jumped a few times while she was in my lap). The doctor told me she has RSV (some respiratory virus which they are treating with virazole). She's still on amoxicillin. Based on her condition, I knew we weren't leaving tomorrow so I asked the doctor's best estimate (maybe travel on Thursday). She's still on oxygen (0.5-1.0 l/min). I don't know if that's a lot or not. Hopefully they will wean her off the oxygen for our trip home (if her health permits). We might have some problems with bringing on portable oxygen containers with Continental (although not Northwest - they will provide it). The nurses are feeding her 4 oz 4 times a day. They are only feeding her the formula we gave them, so I asked if they could start added some rice cereal into her diet (hopefully she'll regain some strength). I also asked if they could prop her up so she's not lying flat all the time (I don't know if that's medically beneficial or not). She was really really happy to see me (we played for a good 45 mins) and leaving her was pretty hard because she doesn't want to be there anymore. :( Who can blame here. Tomorrow I will be back with some toys so she can occupy herself a little bit while I'm gone. I can't wait to see her tomorrow.
I noticed today that I think I'm the only caucasian in Guangzhou. It seems that since all the adoption groups left, so did all the foreigners. I only saw a handful of Americans and a few French families. I guess I'm representing for all ya'll! Yeeha! I think I have become accustom to navigating the city, so either tomorrow or the next day I may venture myself to the Baiyun (White Cloud) mountains. That's where they have beautiful Buddhist temples and peaceful gardens. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't end up in Mongolia.
To wrap up the day, I got a 70 min foot, back, and neck massage for only $6. It was really nice, but I didn't know I had that many muscles in my feet (well she found them all and won't stop - painful). I went to Beatrice (supermarket) and picked up those small noodle bowls (like ramons) and a green tea. Yep! That's my dinner! Well it tasted just as good as it sounded....tomorrow I'll go to the Cow & Bridge (Thai).
Sorry for being so long winded...but I'm bored! Peace out!
I went to the hospital around 3pm and visited for about an hour. Emme is doing a little better. She seemed less pale than the day before. She's still raspy and seems a bit weak (although she jumped a few times while she was in my lap). The doctor told me she has RSV (some respiratory virus which they are treating with virazole). She's still on amoxicillin. Based on her condition, I knew we weren't leaving tomorrow so I asked the doctor's best estimate (maybe travel on Thursday). She's still on oxygen (0.5-1.0 l/min). I don't know if that's a lot or not. Hopefully they will wean her off the oxygen for our trip home (if her health permits). We might have some problems with bringing on portable oxygen containers with Continental (although not Northwest - they will provide it). The nurses are feeding her 4 oz 4 times a day. They are only feeding her the formula we gave them, so I asked if they could start added some rice cereal into her diet (hopefully she'll regain some strength). I also asked if they could prop her up so she's not lying flat all the time (I don't know if that's medically beneficial or not). She was really really happy to see me (we played for a good 45 mins) and leaving her was pretty hard because she doesn't want to be there anymore. :( Who can blame here. Tomorrow I will be back with some toys so she can occupy herself a little bit while I'm gone. I can't wait to see her tomorrow.
I noticed today that I think I'm the only caucasian in Guangzhou. It seems that since all the adoption groups left, so did all the foreigners. I only saw a handful of Americans and a few French families. I guess I'm representing for all ya'll! Yeeha! I think I have become accustom to navigating the city, so either tomorrow or the next day I may venture myself to the Baiyun (White Cloud) mountains. That's where they have beautiful Buddhist temples and peaceful gardens. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't end up in Mongolia.
To wrap up the day, I got a 70 min foot, back, and neck massage for only $6. It was really nice, but I didn't know I had that many muscles in my feet (well she found them all and won't stop - painful). I went to Beatrice (supermarket) and picked up those small noodle bowls (like ramons) and a green tea. Yep! That's my dinner! Well it tasted just as good as it sounded....tomorrow I'll go to the Cow & Bridge (Thai).
Sorry for being so long winded...but I'm bored! Peace out!

1 Comments:
At 9:55 AM,
Truly Blessed said…
Mike,
We're home -- what a day! I'm glad Bianca and Amelia were able to make it to their flight okay. I know you wish you and Emme could be with them.
Here's my email, (ekbuth@comcast.net) feel free to write anytime. I'll scare up some pictures of your wife, so you can put a great shot on your computer screen. You know that other families should be arriving anytime, so you'll have other families to talk to.
Did you look into the Customs Hotel? Just curious.
We're praying hard for you and really hope you can be home for Thanksgiving Day (but any day you two get home will be Thanksgiving!).
Is there anything we can do for you?
Kelly, Eric, Joe, Kegan, Toby & Katie
Post a Comment
<< Home