11/11 Tour of YunTai Garden
Today there was a nice breeze although it was still quite warm. We toured the YunTai gardens which were really very well done. I recognized some of the flowers and plants to be the same as Florida and a number that were very different. Amelia was a bit challenging (although she's seems to be feeling better albite a bit weak) and as usual drew quite a crowd. She's grown tired of the attention and she will only smile for our camera now (although there are usually numerous others snapping away as we are).
We took a long rest in a breezy shady spot and I had the opportunity to chat with a Chinese woman who was there with her family including what appeared to be the only child in the family, a 7 month old daughter. She asked questions about Emme as well as her age and was shocked that she was already 11months old. Not because of her size (as mentioned she's considered quite tall when I tell the Chinese her age and as previously mentioned she's quite a bit larger than all but one of the babies that's in the same age range- 11-12 months), but because she was so docile. Her daughter was rolling around and visibly stronger. She was also surprised that she was still being fed out of a bottle. I explained that the instruction from the orphanage were formula mixed with rice cereal and that we've tried to get her to eat baby food without success. She does love cheerios and those Gerber baby fruit meltaway snacks. It made us realize that although she's more advanced than most of the other babies, she's still behind. I can't wait to get her home so we/she can settle in.
After our return Michael went to the Qing Ping Market with Jonathan King and his sister-in-law and nephew visiting them from Singapore. Michael said it was quite an experience seeing all types of creatures in cages for consumption including snakes, scorpions of all sizes, and cats. We opted against taking the kids, so Danielle came over to the room and watched a movie with Amelia while I played with Emme. Emme and I had a great time. She was pulling herself up to standing, cruising around the bed, but when she gets tired she just throws herself backward. I've been able to catch her before she hits too hard, but I wonder if this habit has attributed to the flatness on the back of her head.
All in all a good day. Emme is such a little sweetheart.
We took a long rest in a breezy shady spot and I had the opportunity to chat with a Chinese woman who was there with her family including what appeared to be the only child in the family, a 7 month old daughter. She asked questions about Emme as well as her age and was shocked that she was already 11months old. Not because of her size (as mentioned she's considered quite tall when I tell the Chinese her age and as previously mentioned she's quite a bit larger than all but one of the babies that's in the same age range- 11-12 months), but because she was so docile. Her daughter was rolling around and visibly stronger. She was also surprised that she was still being fed out of a bottle. I explained that the instruction from the orphanage were formula mixed with rice cereal and that we've tried to get her to eat baby food without success. She does love cheerios and those Gerber baby fruit meltaway snacks. It made us realize that although she's more advanced than most of the other babies, she's still behind. I can't wait to get her home so we/she can settle in.
After our return Michael went to the Qing Ping Market with Jonathan King and his sister-in-law and nephew visiting them from Singapore. Michael said it was quite an experience seeing all types of creatures in cages for consumption including snakes, scorpions of all sizes, and cats. We opted against taking the kids, so Danielle came over to the room and watched a movie with Amelia while I played with Emme. Emme and I had a great time. She was pulling herself up to standing, cruising around the bed, but when she gets tired she just throws herself backward. I've been able to catch her before she hits too hard, but I wonder if this habit has attributed to the flatness on the back of her head.
All in all a good day. Emme is such a little sweetheart.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home