Journey to Emme

Adoption of our daughter Emme Xiang Evans from China (DOB 12/3/05). Michael, Bianca, and Amelia (DOB 2/8/03) Evans.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Labor soon?

Well, I wanted to give everyone a quick update (I'll ask Michael to add some pictures too).

The girls are doing a great, a friend of mine from work gave us two two seater jeeps you ride in and they love them. Amelia is learning to drive, but not without running into trash cans, shrubs, trees, you name it. It's a miracle Emme hasn't gotten whiplash. Other than that their summer has been fairly uneventful. My mom has been trying to take them into the pool a few times a week and we're in the pool all the time on the weekends. We did make a stop at the beach a few weeks ago as well. Always popular with the girls, but now I'm getting too tired and bothered by the heat to do much.

I went to the doctor today and I'm 3cm and 50% effaced. He seemed impressed with my progress since last week (1cm and 0% effaced). He told me it looks as he'll have lots of fourth of July babies to deliver and that depending on how my appointment goes next Monday, if the baby isn't here on his own, we can plan an induction for Thursday or Friday. Part of me believes in letting nature take its course since I'm not technically due until July 15, but I am so sick and tired. Last night was rough and I suffered much of the day today. I had about two days of energy (including nesting), but the bout with nausea ala acid reflux has put me over the edge. I'm supposed to have a closing on a restaurant on Thursday (and probably need some time Monday and Tuesday for last minute preparations), so Friday is sounding really good, although I wouldn't be upset if he came today and I'll deal with the consequences. No time like the present!

I'm sure one of us will blog if something exciting happens. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer and staying cool!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    WHAT?!? It's too soon! Your pregnancy has gone WAY TOO FAST! (Okay, so it has for ME, maybe not so much for you).

    Now I'll have to check your blog 15 times a day for news --

    So exciting! Come on, Tristan!!

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Christi and Abbey said…

    Great to catch up on all your pictures and see your girls doing so well. Like Kelly I can't believe you are about to have your baby! I'll be checking back to see how it all goes and to see his little face.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home