Journey to Emme

Adoption of our daughter Emme Xiang Evans from China (DOB 12/3/05). Michael, Bianca, and Amelia (DOB 2/8/03) Evans.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It's a boy!

Well, I don't think I can remember seeing Michael grinning more than he did today when he found out there is a little boy on the way. He told me today that he had resigned to the fact tht his destiny was to have only girls, so this was a pleasant surprise for him. Everything looks good with the baby and he is currently about 6" long and it was confirmed again that he is expected to arrive on or about July 15th. For the record, I'm currently 19 weeks and 3 days. His name will be Tristan Michael Evans (we're still thinking about the middle name, but I like Michael in the middle...no pun intended).

Upon request of my mother-in-law, I had Michael snap a photo of me so you can my changing shape. I'm gaining far less with Tristan than with Amelia (only 8lbs. so far, and courtesy of early Emme stressed, I started out 15lbs lighter).






3 Comments:

  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger Truly Blessed said…

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    How wonderful...a little boy to complete the family!

    Kegan says I'd better warn you about having boys, but I think he's kidding :) I think boys are wonderful, and you're in for the ride of your life!

    We are all so excited for you.

    Bianca, you look wonderful and radiant! Hey, I gained 40 pounds during my "pregnancy" with Katie, so you're doing great only gaining 8 pounds with Tristan Michael.

    Happy, happy news...we're thrilled for you!

    KEJKT&K

     
  • At 6:05 AM, Blogger k1 said…

    Congratulations!

    I have to admit, when you said you were huge (which MUST be a relative term because you still look slim and trim to me albeit with a 'bump') I wondered if you perhaps were going to anounce you had twins. Wouldn't THAT have been a twist!

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Kelly S. said…

    We're so happy for you!!! Now Michael won't be so outnumbered!

    Emme looks like she's really happy with her new family. Mom looks radiant.

    Thanks for sharing. It's nice to be able to keep up with the folks from our travel group this way.

    Take care y'all. We'll chech in on y'all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home